Friday, September 26, 2014

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE

Shockingly enough I actually have things happen at home sometimes too! Let's just say that September has been one crazy-ass month! I feel like I have been going going going constantly, but that is how I like it most of the time! On Sept 10th I started my 5 concerts/festivals in 7 days heavy concert season rap-up! My boys in Seether came to town here at home for concert #1. When I heard they were coming, I about had a freak out! As before mentioned I'm pretty obsessed with this band and I constantly argue with myself if they are my favorite band or if it's A7X. The mystery may never be solved. They played at The Complex which is in downtown SLC. It's not big by any stretch of the imagination, but I think it was just about right for them. They had a couple local bands open up for them which I thought was pretty cool. I wasn't particularly crazy about either of those bands, but I was excited for the opportunity they had to get out there and share their stuff. Seether freaking blew my socks off. Possibly the best concert I have ever heard them play. I'm always worried when they play indoors because sometimes it has gone terribly wrong for them, but somebody got it right this time. They sounded amazing! You could tell they were having so much fun up there and it helped the crowd get into it as well. It was a full house which also made me happy. Being in Utah, I always fear that there is going to be a great rock show and no one shows up and it's a total flop. We don't need that kind of bad exposure. So even though i hate being crammed in a venue rubbing up against strangers, I would do it for them. It was such a great night and it was so glad that it went so well! Hopefully they will see that people here love them and want them to come back!

Concert #2 was Chevelle out at the Great Saltair in Magna. I do love Chevelle, don't get me wrong, but I had seen them so many times last year that I wasn't overly ecstatic about the concert but I had to go. Anytime anyone worth while comes to SLC I will most likely be there, if anything, to support the cause of live rock here at home. So I bought tickets to support some great bands and show them that there is a market here. It was a pretty full concert, not a sell out, but a decent crowd. The bands that played with them were Dayshell, who were okay, and Kyng who was pretty great. Chevelle put on a solid show and we had a lot of fun. If you are ever at a concert at the Saltair, look in booth #2 upstairs, second booth from the left, and you might see me! If I'm ever at a concert there, that's where I'm at. I just love the VIP rep for Saltair, she is the best! We are now on a first name basis with hugging involved which means I go to way too many concerts lol. It was a great night once again. I love when I can see great bands here at home.

On Friday night Shelly and I hopped a flight to Sacramento California to go to the Aftershock Festival on Saturday and Sunday making for concerts #3 and #4. Saturday was (like usual) really freaking hot. I think the high was like 102 degrees, so we were roasting. This was the second year we have gone to Aftershock and sadly I think they didn't handle this year as well as they could have or even should have. The whole time I just thought, man I need to get a job organizing these things, because who ever did this one should be fired. The VIP lanyards were super ghetto compared to last years. The seating in VIP was terrible. They had what I would call poolside chairs that you lay out on, and only 100 or so. So most people didn't have a place to sit. Total waste of space. The worst part, and the part that made me the most upset was the 3 stages that were way too close together and played in conflict with each other. The first year there were only 2 main stages and they just rotated between the two so you never had to choose which band you wanted to watch. This year, 2 of the 3 stages were playing at the same time so they were playing on top of each other. Plus you were forced to choose! I hate choosing, I want to watch every one! For the most part it wasn't too bad but I have to say that poor Nothing More got totally screwed. They had to play at the same time as Black Label Society and you could hardly hear them! BLS is way louder that NM and so they were drowned out. It was just sad because they are such a great band. Lineup wise the weekend was pretty great, Godsmack was there as well which was awesome! I do love them and didn't mind seeing the twice in like 2.5 weeks. I also saw Seether. Again.  and it was amazing. again. I was seriously ecstatic that I got to see them 3 times this month. Each time was new and different and amazing. Ah it was heaven. We also got to see 5FDP again. I had missed them. It was also crazy dusty so we were so dirty and sweaty and smelly (it was CA so naturally there was freaking weed everywhere). None the less it was a great weekend and a great way to go to our last festival of the season. I was sad it was over, but frankly I am ready for a break! Festivals are exhausting, but they are seriously the best!

The 5th and final concert of my 7 days was back at home. 5FDP, Volbeat, Hellyeah and Nothing More opened up their tour here and it was seriously the best! We had 9 of us all together that went and it was SO much fun! Every band played a great set, and thankfully the concert looked to be just about sold out! It was especially great to get to be a part of a friends first concert experience. It was crazy to see how excited she was! Her first and what seemed like my millionth. It was fun to share some of my knowledge of do's and do nots and to see how she reacted to the environment. I'm sure there are many more concerts in her future!

What a way to end my concert year, right?! What an amazing summer it has been! I feel so blessed to get to do the things I love and live out my dreams of basically being a metal groupie. If only I could do it for a living! That would make my life all but perfect! My next adventure starts in an hour from now and I'm pretty excited! Life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment