Saturday, October 3, 2015

Ashamed...

I can't believe how much I have missed posting on this blog! Especially because this has just been the most insane year ever! So I will try and catch you up with the highlights.

Rock Fest-Cadott WI

In July my mom, sister and I flew to the midwest to attend Rock Fest in the tiny tiny town of Cadott Wisconsin. Even people from Wisconsin haven't heard of Cadott it's so small. Rock Fest is one of the funnest festivals we go to. It's 4 days long out in the middle of no where and is so chill. Every day we arrived around 1 PM. Because we invested in the VIP tickets (which are completely worth it, might I add) we got catered lunch and dinner every day, all you can drink, and some killer seats for the show. Since it was assigned seating, we always had a good spot every day. The people are always so nice and the food is spectacular. The whole reason we even went this year was because it was 1 of 3 shows that Avenged Sevenfold was playing this year. I had seen them 9 times and the OCD in me said I needed to make it an even 10. Plus if they are around, I'm going to try and find them. They put on the best show and I can't get enough of them. We also go to see bands like Godsmack, Judas Priest (not my personal favorite, but we did see them), Breaking Benjamin, Starset, Three Days Grace, Black Stone Cherry, Chevelle and many more. It was such a great weekend and we loved ever second of it.

In August the "Summer's Last Stand" tour with Slipknot, Lamb of God, Bullet for my Valentine, and Motionless in White came to my home town so naturally we were there. It was pretty epic to say that we saw Slipknot twice this year! They are insane and we love them for it. I always have a spot in my heart for Corey Taylor. That man is amazing. It was such a great concert and I feel really lucky that we were able to be a part of it.

A week or so later, Three Days Grace came to town and played a smaller venue in downtown SLC. While I miss Adam as the lead singer and will always love their older material, I have come to love Matt as well and really enjoy them now. In the beginning I was appalled that anyone thought they could take Adam's place and keep the band going. Adam has such a distinct voice, I didn't see how it was possible. But now I am happy. It could be because Adam has Saint Asonia now and so the world seems right again. It was a really great show with Like A Storm opening. They are always fun to watch. They are great and pretty nice to look at so I wasn't complaining.

In the middle of September the MASSIVE Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Roach, In This Moment, From Ashes to New tour rolled through town as well. Oh my lanta it was just amazing. I love all 4 of those bands. It was just a power house of a tour. I am so glad I didn't miss it, because I had a momentary lapse in reason and contemplated not going. They all did awesome and as always, it ended too soon.

My latest concert experience was finally getting to see the legendary AC/DC in San Francisco last weekend. For being a bunch of old farts, they still got it! They played 20 songs and it felt like the concert was over in 5 minutes it went by so fast! We had always said that if they ever went back on tour, even if they had to roll out in their wheelchairs, we would go see them. I was really excited to see them and to get to play in San Francisco. We had such an amazing weekend!

So that's my last few months in a quick recap-I will try and be better! I'm going to Rock Allegiance in Philly next weekend so that ought to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment